German Chocolate Frosting with Coconut and Pecans


This is my very favorite cake and for 17 years that I have been in Jordan, I have not had none. Well shut me down girlfriend.  I saw this recipe on Southern Living and I have adapted it to fit my needs. It is very simple to make too. So if you are preparing for the holidays or just want to have a wonderful piece of cake, try this one.
Ingredients
  • 2 cups pecans, chopped
  • 1  can evaporated milk (12 ounces)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter - raw is best
  • 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups sweetened coconut
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 20 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, cook evaporated milk, sugar, butter, and egg yolks in a heavy 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cook, stirring constantly, 12 to 14 minutes or until mixture becomes a light caramel color, is bubbling, and reaches a pudding-like thickness.
3. Remove pan from heat; stir in coconut, vanilla, and pecans. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes or until cooled and spreading consistency.