- 2 small raw beets, different colors if possible
- 2 carrots
- 6 oz. green cabbage
- 1 firm pear
- ¼ bunch fresh mint
- ¼ bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 5 tablespoons plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon English mustard
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz. feta cheese
1. Wash the beets and carrots under cold running water, scrubbing with a scrubber to get rid of any
dirt (there’s no need to peel them). Pick off and discard the wispy ends from the beets.
2. Hold a box grater steady on a cutting board, then gripping the root end, coarsely grate the carrots, stopping before your fingers or knuckles get too close to the grater. Place the grated carrots into a large bowl.
3. Coarsely grate or thinly slice the cabbage, then discard the core and add to the bowl. Remove the stalk from the pear, coarsely grate (core and all), then place it into the bowl. Finally, hold the root end of the beets and coarsely grate (you may want to wear rubber gloves for this), then add to the bowl.
4. Pick the mint and parsley leaves, then discard the stalks. Tear or finely chop the leaves on a board and add to the bowl.
5. Add the yogurt, mustard, cider vinegar and olive oil to a glass jar. Put the lid securely on the jar and shake well. Have a taste and see whether you think it needs a bit more yogurt, vinegar or oil – you want it to be slightly too acidic, so that it’s still nice and zingy once you’ve dressed your rainbow salad.
6. Drizzle most of the dressing over the salad — just remember you can always add more but you can’t take it away, so be cautious. Divide the salad between the tortillas, then crumble a little feta over each.
7. Roll up the tortilla wraps, tucking them in at the sides as you go, then ser