To top the pancakes, I suggest raw honey or fruit. You can look for jams with no sugar, but it is always best to make your own. But for convenience the no sugar added jams or jelly would work.
As the picture shows, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice is wonderful to go along the side.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups multigrain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk the apple juice, applesauce, and egg substitute together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir the dry ingredients together.
- Fold in the wet ingredients. Add a splash more juice if it's too dry.
- Heat a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and pour in batter 1 heaping tablespoon at a time.
You can follow Dr. Dean Ornish on Face Book Here