Lentils have protein and so if you are a vegan or a vegetarian, this is a perfect meal and very filling.
- 3/4 liter of water
- 1/3 cup of split red lentils
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 cup vermicelli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 bouillon (vegetarians use vegetarian bouillon)
- In a heavy bottom pan bring the water to boil. Add in the lentils, onion, bouillon cube and seasoning.
- Cook the lentils for 15 minutes until thick. Now add in the vermicelli (tiny spagetti like macaroni cut into tiny pieces). Finish cooking.
- Check for seasoning and enjoy.
Note: 1 bag of lentils will make 20 meals or so. You need only a little to enjoy this. In Jordan we call this poor man's meat.